Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Strawberry Bread


My mother has a huge strawberry patch and every year we have strawberries coming out of our ears! My deep freeze is plum full of frozen strawberries that I keep mainly for this recipe. 

Strawberry Bread
from Gooseberry Patch's "Mom's Favorite Recipes"
Ingredients

3 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
4 eggs, beaten
1-1/4 c. oil
2 10-oz. pkgs. frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped

Directions

Combine the first 5 ingredients; make a well in the center. Set aside. Mix remaining ingredients together; pour into flour well. Stir until combined; divide batter and spread into 2 greased and floured 9"x5" loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour; cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and place on wire racks to cool. Makes 16 servings. 






3 comments:

  1. Oh send some strawberries this way. The recipe looks delicious!
    Have a great day.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Lori! This looks good. I don't have many recipes for strawberries..I have two daughters that are allergic to them so I didn't cook with them very much. I'm going to have to try this bread...another good treat for when I reach a weight goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the Blog Hop entries are awesome! We added a bunch of new plants to our strawberry patch this year and are getting so many strawberries I am going to be able to make all kinds of things. Of course I am going to give your strawberry bread a try!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet thoughts from my kind friends are always welcome!